Grab that bag of Doritos, 6-pack of Coke, and box of Chips Ahoy… May 6th is No Diet Day!
The Truth about Diets
This 85-year-old couple, having been married almost 60 years, die tragically in a car crash. They have been in good health the last ten years, mainly due to the wife’s nearly neurotic interest in health food.
When they reached the pearly gates, St. Peter took them to their mansion, which was decked out with a beautiful kitchen and master bath suite, complete with Jacuzzi. As they “oohed and aahed’ the old man asked St. Peter how much all this was going to cost.
“It’s free,” St. Peter replied, “Remember, this is Heaven.”
Next they went out back to see the championship golf course the home backed up to. They would have Continue reading “No Diet Day!” »
February 19th is National Temporary Insanity Day! Why? Because on this day in 1859, the temporary insanity plea was used for the first time in a US court. Daniel Sickles, a US Congressman from New York, was acquitted of murder on the grounds that he was temporarily insane. Sickles had shot and killed Philip Barton Key, son of Frances Scott Key and the DC district attorney, in Lafayette Square for having an affair with his wife. Sickles pleaded temporary insanity and the sanctity of man’s home and beat the murder rap.
First, let’s start with some fun old superstitions about love:
· On Valentine’s Day, the first male name you read or hear, will be the name of the man you will marry.
· If you see a squirrel on Valentine’s Day, you will marry a cheapskate who will hoard all your money.
· If you see a goldfinch on Valentine’s Day, you will marry a millionaire.
· If you see a flock of doves on Valentine’s Day, you will have a happy peaceful marriage.
· If you find a glove on the road on Valentine’s Day, your future Continue reading “13th Valentine President” »